Position: Site Reliability Engineer (Azure, OpenShift, Linux)
The Infrastructure consultant will work closely with the Infrastructure team to assist in the creation of CP4D RedHat OpenShift environments and installation/migration of data on to Azure, in North America & United Kingdom.
- Install, Configure, Performance-tune, and Administration of a cloud-based (Azure), CP4D application running on Openshift in a Linux environment on client systems
- Coordination, installation, configuration, testing, and implementation of changes, enhancements on CP4D.
- Providing advanced-level technical consultation, technical advice and support to client and the Mastech InfoTrellis project team.
- Leading capacity planning discussions, estimates for work efforts, timelines and costs
- Leading the infrastructure development of the client environments under the direction of the Mastech InfoTrellis / Client project manager
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Experience in the technical design and capacity planning on application platforms.
- Knowledge of CP4D is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Experience in technical projects and initiatives as well as providing estimates for work efforts, timelines, and costs.
- Infrastructure expertise in installation, performance tuning, configuration, and administration of OpenShift and Azure in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Must be a team player, with a demonstrated experience technically influencing others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 9 years of industry work experience, or
- 7 years of experience with software development on server-side software.
- 4 years of experience with performance analysis – must have a fundamental understanding of software stacks and how software and hardware work together.
- 4 years of DevOps experience deploying and maintaining multi-tiered infrastructure and web applications.
- 4 years of experience with one or more of the following: RedHat OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, Service Mesh, container deployment, and orchestration.
- 4 years of experience with Linux.
- Experience with command line use on AIX, HP-UX, Linux servers
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: UNIX Shell Scripting, TCP/IP, Active Directory, Java Virtual Machine
- Experience in supporting or administrating DB2 on LUW (Linux preferred).
- Experience in High Availability implementation
- Working knowledge and relevant application experience in Linux (RedHat preferred) environments is considered an asset.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, handle multiple competing priorities with tight deadlines, and communicate effectively across a broad range of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills in identifying and resolving for complex problems in production, development and test environments.
Mastech InfoTrellis, is a subsidiary of Mastech Digital. We are a premier Data & Analytics Company helping customers realize the full value of their Enterprise Data Assets through the use of our expertise in Master Data Management, Enterprise Data Integration and Big Data Technologies. Services provided cover all aspects of the Information Management lifecycle, ranging from evaluating clients’ needs, capturing detailed business and technical requirements, vendor selection, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and training. Mastech InfoTrellis continues to innovate to offer advanced solutions which deliver Enterprise Customer 360 and Self Service Analytics using Structured, Unstructured, Internal and External Data Assets for several Fortune 500 companies including Lowe’s USA, Dell Inc., JC Penney, Express Scripts, and Ford among others. Mastech InfoTrellis continues to seek the best talent available in the market to enhance our Delivery capabilities.
- City: N/A
- Address: N/A
- Work Hours/Week: 10
- Work Environment: Remote
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Career Level: Experienced
- Pay Type: N/A
- Required Travel(%): N/A
- Exempt/Non-Exempt: N/A
- People Manager: N/A
- Application Deadline: N/A
- Platform: Support
- Req ID: #job5